Project Manager – Ipsum Drainage Solutions – North West
Our vision is to be widely recognised as the UK’s customer service leader in specialist utility and infrastructure services.
Providing great customer service is at the heart of what we do, and our commitment is to deliver this safely and innovatively through our highly skilled teams – we call this the Ipsum Way.
Ipsum has grown via the acquisition of companies with strong expertise that have been operating in the UK Utility and Infrastructure sectors for more than 20 years.
We operate across a National footprint working with customers such as Openreach, United Utilities and UK Power Networks, as well as some of the UK’s largest industrial and retail businesses.
We are committed to supporting and developing our people to achieve their full potential. If you join us, as well as learning on the job, we offer structured learning in the form of apprenticeship programmes and sponsoring relevant professional qualifications. If your qualification gives you membership of an accredited professional body then we will reimburse your annual membership fee. Investing in our people and enhancing our expertise and flexibility enables us to deliver the highest standard of service to our customers.
We really value our people and so we like to look after them. In addition to an attractive salary, if you work for us, you’ll enjoy a range of employee benefits which you can explore more about by visiting our website www.ipsumutilities.com.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing strong leadership, Contract Management, Project Delivery, and strategic planning across a number of Key Projects within the Utilities Division, ensuring financial and operational targets are met or exceeded, maintaining consistent service levels across all the Projects / Contracts they are responsible for.
- Day to day management of site staff, vehicles, equipment, and issues arising from sites in conjunction with Project Supervisor.
- Monitor performance of site staff with respect to Health and Safety, Quality and Environment
- Ensure Company policies and improvement action plans are effectively implemented, monitored, and audited.
- Operate in line with Company policies and strategies and be proactive in promoting improvement locally.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated, with remedies implemented.
- Monitor performance and safety requirements regularly and implement improvements.
- Ensure resources are adequate for the workload and that projects are delivered in an economic and timely manner.
- Work closely with planning team to ensure delivery programmes are in place and progress is monitored.
- Identify and react swiftly to resolve problems before they escalate.
- Responsible for Profit & Loss account
- Maintain and measure performance against agreed KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Client liaison including arranging progress meetings and client audits.
- Subcontractor procurement and monitoring
- Establish good relationships and communication and resolve issues and early resolution of any potential problems.
- Previous experience in a Project Management position
- Degree, or equivalent, in Utilities Management
- Driving Licence
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in a previous Contract Management / Project Management Role within the Utilities Sector – preferably in the Drainage Industry
- Proven experience of working in customer service or a customer focused environment with performance management responsibility.
- Professional, customer focused with a good standard of verbal and numerical reasoning.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting data.
- Evidence of implementing successful improvement measures.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Knowledge of KPI measurements to a high level to ensure compliance with targets.
- Knowledge of waste network operations business processes
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office package
- Experience and ability to encourage and enable personal development of and recognise and reward team.
- Experience and ability to lead by and set an example.
- Experience in building collaborative relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers.
- Commercial awareness
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Ability to communicate both up and down within Ipsum and the Client Organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to deliver tasks to deadline.
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Flexible attitude and approach.
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative.
Ipsum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.