Drainage Technician – Ipsum Drainage Solutions Scotland LTD – Hillington
Our vision is to be widely recognised as the UK’s customer service leader in specialist utility and infrastructure services. Providing great customer service is at the heart of what we do, and our commitment is to deliver this safely and innovatively through our highly skilled teams – we call this the Ipsum Way.
We’re always looking for people who are passionate about delivering outstanding customer service and who take pride in delivering essential services 24/7/365 that really make a difference to local people and communities.
We are committed to supporting and developing our people to achieve their full potential. If you join us, as well as learning on the job, we offer structured learning in the form of apprenticeship programmes and sponsoring relevant professional qualifications. If your qualification gives you membership of an accredited professional body then we will reimburse your annual membership fee. Investing in our people and enhancing our expertise and flexibility enables us to deliver the highest standard of service to our customers.
We really value our people and so we like to look after them. In addition to an attractive salary, if you work for us, you’ll enjoy a range of employee benefits which you can explore more about by visiting our website www.ipsumutilities.com.
Working from one of our custom-equipped Jet vans or specialist Jet Vac vehicles, you will visit all types of clients — commercial, residential, industrial, rail, road, utility, etc. — across the UK. You will provide carry out jetting and vacuum extraction of drainage systems, produce high quality reports. You will ensure you work safely and efficiently, and that work is completed within the required timescale.
- Ensure compliance with respect to Health and Safety, Quality and Environment
- Ensure Company policies are always adhered to.
- Ensure all site related incidents are reported.
- Identify and react swiftly to resolve problems before they escalate.
- Responsible for safe & effective jetting and vactor work completed on site in line with client requirements.
- Loading & unloading of vehicles ensuring all hoses and equipment required for job are on board
- Manoeuvring and use of plant boom and associated hoses lifting weights >
- Safe use of High Pressure water jets with a PSI of >
- Safe manual handling of manhole covers weighing >25kg
- Confined space entry of drainage chambers.
- Responsible for producing high quality results, reports, and feedback.
- Establish good relationships and communication and resolve issues with early resolution of any potential problems.
- You need to be flexible too: we operate 24/7 so there will be early starts, weekend working and an out-of-hours working across the UK.
Previous experience and/or qualifications within the Utilities and/or Drainage Industry
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Experience – 2 years minimum of drainage and jetting
- NRSW sign lighting & guarding
- Confined space level 2 and above
- High-pressure water jetting
- Manual Handling & First Aid at Work
- CSCS & Fit to Work
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Water Hygiene & Reverse Assist
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience within the Utilities Sector – preferably in the Drainage Industry
- Proven experience of working in customer service or a customer focused environment.
- Professional, customer focused with a good standard of verbal and numerical reasoning.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Knowledge of waste network operations business processes
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office package
- Experience and ability to produce quality reports & feedback in associated systems.
- Experience and ability to lead by and set an example.
- Experience in building collaborative relationships with existing and new employees and suppliers.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Ability to communicate both up and down within Ipsum and the Client Organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to deliver tasks to deadline.
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Flexible attitude and approach.
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative.
Ipsum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.